When you are in the market for a mattress, you want to make sure that the mattress you get is worth every cent you spend on it. Mattresses are quite expensive. The money that you shell out for one is an investment for your long-term comfort and well-being. Thus, you could be kicking yourself if you end up with a lemon for a mattress.
Here are some of the dos and don’ts that you can observe to help you find the mattress that would give you sleeping comfort at a cost that you would not regret paying later on.
- Plan your purchase, starting with the exact spot in the bedroom where the mattress will be placed. Consider the size of the room and the size of the mattress you intend to buy. Mattresses come in all shapes and sizes. The idea is to buy a mattress that won’t cramp your room but contribute to the harmony and aesthetics of the room.
- Set aside a budget for the mattress purchase. Make sure that you will not be sacrificing your ability to buy other necessities when planning to buy a Plush mattress.
- Do some research on the product you are planning to purchase. See to it that the shops you visit are selling the kind of product you want to buy. You should be more vigilant about the purchases that you want to make. Some salespersons sell products with the use of deception to make you buy.
- Look at the mattress; touch it, smell it, lay down on it, try everything possible to assess the quality of the product to make sure that you are getting your money’s worth.
- When trying the mattress at the store for size, lie on your back which should be supported in a slight curve, without a gap between the mattress and your back. When you lie on your side, the mattress should hold your spine straight, without a gap between you and the mattress. You would do well to examine if the mattress has ample and strong innersprings in it.
- Buying a mattress on a spur-of-the-moment impulse. The worst that you can do is buying a mattress just because you need it right away.
- Shopping online or by phone unless you have personally tweaked the product on a previous occasion.
- Getting the first mattress that attracts your attention at the shop. Examine and test as many products as you can before making the final purchase.
- Purchasing without asking the shop owners the proper maintenance of the mattress. You need to know how to take care of the product so it will serve you longer.
- Concluding the transaction without negotiating for a better price. Sometimes haggling can reduce the price of products, which can save you money.
- Expecting a mattress to last a lifetime. You will be in for a disappointment if you think that way.
- Buying without testing the firmness of the mattress. Mattresses are made with different levels of firmness, from the super firm to the super soft. Test mattresses at various retailers and make sure you try different manufacturers as well. This way, you will find the mattress that you need.
(source: merchant circle.com)
A home looks brighter and homey when it is stuffed with the right furniture. Living in such a home is comfortable, efficient and conducive to health of both mind and body. This means that we can’t be too careful about buying furniture for the needs of various parts of our house. Function is just part of the considerations. We also have to buy for size, aesthetics, taste, economy and serviceability.
Here are 10 suggestions on How to Buy Furniture that you won’t regret later on:
1. Set a budget for the purchase. It doesn’t make sense to allot the same kind of funds you set aside for a car for a furniture purchase. If you do, you are likely to spend more than you should for a piece of furniture. By pegging the budget you will spend, there’s more motivation for you to find a good buy at less cost.
2. Inspect the furniture. Make sure the materials built into the furniture you aim to buy are neat and strong and of good quality. Shake the joints to see if it can withstand pressures. Examine the frame, cushions and spring systems. If the furniture is upholstered, run your hand for any break on the surface.
3.Try it for size. Spend some time with the in-store inspection by actually using the furniture. If you are buying a bed and mattress, for example, ask permission from the store attendant for you to lie on the bed. Then make as if you’re on your own bed, rolling over and shifting positions and feeling for any squeak. Any undesirable sound that the bed and mattress give out speaks of poor craftsmanship.
4. Look for strong materials. Whether the furniture is a bed, chair or table, it is always wise to go for furniture whose frame is made from metal and hardwood. If you want longer lasting use for your furniture, avoid many of the furniture available today whose parts are held together by particle boards.
5. Know the different types of furniture. Each type of furniture commands a different price. For example, beds come as a four-poster, a canopy or a sleigh bed. They differ in prices because one has tall posts, another has headboard and foot-board.
6. Choose according to your need. Resist the temptation to splurge by buying furniture that’s too grand for its intended place. You don’t really need a luxurious queen-sized bed if the floor area of your bedroom is not as big. If you buy anything bigger than a matrimonial bed, it will only make your bedroom look cramped and stuffy.
7. Think of floor space. When buying furniture, keep in mind the space it will occupy in your house. You wouldn’t want furniture pieces that pretty much occupy the room they were intended for.
8. Check the wood. It is important to check the quality of the wood used in such furniture as living room and dining sets. The condition of the wood can be seen underneath the tables or chairs where it is not masked by the varnishing.
9. Know the genuine leather. There is genuine leather and synthetic leather. It pays to recognize the genuine leather from the fake one if you’re in the market for upholstery. The rule of thumb here is to take a sales person’s pitch with a grain of salt. In the case of a sofa, you can tell if the leather is genuine by looking at its base or under, where the surface looks different.
10. Inquire about the warranty. You will hold household expenses if you buy furniture that is replaced if it breaks apart within a certain period. The longer the warranty, the better its quality since furniture shop dealers are confident their products are durable.
We invite you to visit the Florida Mattress and Furniture Gallery that carry the world-class Furniture. Everyone can choose from a variety of AICO Furniture from Sofa, Living room, dining room, tables, office furniture, bars,bedroom and home entertainment.
If you are at a loss on how to identify the qualities and features that make a perfect mattress, you are not the only one. For a lot of people, buying a new mattress is in fact as demanding as buying a new car. You want to be sure that the mattress you pay good money for will be worth it in terms of sleeping comfort, long-term service ability and added value.
The best approach in buying a new mattress is first to know the differences between the types and understanding the pricing schemes that furniture manufacturers set for their product. This will give you some assurance that the purchase you make is something you won’t regret later.
A satisfaction survey showed that people tend to be happy and satisfied with their purchase when they spent at least 30 minutes trying out the different mattresses in a shop. It is not enough that the features of the item attracted your attention. You should lie down on the mattress, rolling from side to side, to see how your body fits into it. Compare how it feels with the other items on display.
There is as yet no scientific study that can help determine what makes a good mattress. This is highly subjective since there are different shapes, sizes and weight of mattresses. One’s notion of a good mattress may be different from that of others. Thus, there are people who can sleep comfortably on bare straw mats and hammocks while there are others who would toss in bed if their taste is not luxuriously designed.
What you can do is decide on a budget first and make comfort your key decision-maker. Find out if your retailer allows you to return the mattress if you don’t feel comfortable on it. Prevention is definitely better than cure in this case. Most retailers allow returns only when the mattress has defects. Getting a replacement can be a long-drawn process because the manufacturer will usually be contacted to inspect your mattress. So remember to read the fine print in the warranty.
Innerspring mattresses are by far the most popular type of bed, with countless styles, features and options available. In surveys, about three out of five owners are satisfied with their innerspring mattresses. Another fast-selling item is the memory foam mattress made from visco elastic, polyurethane-based foam that forms itself to the shape of the body. Latex foam mattresses constructed from natural or synthetic rubber are nearly as well-liked by owners as the memory foam mattresses. Reviewers say latex foam is springier than memory foam and doesn’t retain as much body.
If innerspring or memory foam mattress don’t appeal to you, perhaps air mattresses will. These mattresses use adjustable air cushions to provide tailored support. Some air mattresses allow each side to be adjusted independently to provide maximum comfort.
There are four main considerations in buying the perfect one. These are durability, warranty, space, comfort, support, texture and price. Some people are comfortable on soft mattresses while others prefer hard mattresses. Both types have specific functional and durable characteristics. Best quality mattresses are often expensive but in having them, you certainly get all your money’s worth.
For Mattress purchasing visit Florida Mattress and Furniture or call us at 1-813-827-244. We have the best Brands of Mattress available from different leading Manufacturers of high quality and durable kinds of beds like latex, innerspring, box spring, pillow top, memory foam, King and Queen mattress from Sealy Posturepedic, Dormia, King Koil, and Corsicana.
Choosing furniture is very much like picking out the clothes you wear every day. You wear clothes not only to make you go in style and set you off as an individual but you also pay particular attention to quality and comfort. The same considerations must be taken up whenever you buy pieces of furniture for your home.
Like your clothes, the furniture you buy for yourself must fit your taste and needs. They must also be stylish, comfortable to use, made of high quality and durable. It’s a big bonus if such a piece of furniture comes cheap.
This word of advice for homeowners comes from Amini Innovation Corp. (AICO), makers of a wide range of furniture. According to AICO, a piece of furniture is a good buy depending on the material, design and features.
AICO furniture falls under these main categories: bedroom, dining room, living room, kitchen, home entertainment, home and office furniture. For each of these product lines, there is a wide array of furniture designed according to individual needs.
In its consumer guide, AICO Furniture suggests that before you set out to buy any piece of furniture, you should first determine what best fits for your needs. Every piece of furniture has distinguishing features, which say whether it is a good buy for you or not.
When furnishing your living room, for example, a well-made sofa that catches your eye in the furniture store may be ideal if you use your living room mostly for receiving guests. But a sofa acquired for that purpose in mind will be a bad idea if your living room doubles as family room.
If it’s an office you need to furnish, you are well-advised to check an office chair if its backrests, seat and armrests are adjustable. You should be able to adjust the seat height and tilt of your office chair to your own preferences, and ideally the seat should be comfortable enough to support you comfortably, while letting your body breathe. The most important feature to look for is good lumbar support, as an office chair with a good lumbar support lets your back stay in a position that is good for its spine health.
The same advice is worth considering in buying a bed. We choose a bed that looks and feels comfortable so we can have a good night’s sleep on it. But AICO recommends a bed that goes beyond function so you can sleep both in comfort and in style. AICO beds are available in all styles, sizes and heights. You can go for a simple uncluttered look or a lavishly designed bed.
Avant garde and style are the words to describe the luxury furniture in the AICO platinum collection. For those who want the taste and feel of the old world and ancient royalty, there are the furniture in the Chatteau, Windsow Court, Vizcaya, Excelsior, Venetian II, Eden, Velagio, Trevi, Tuscano, Sovereign, Lavelle Truffle, Oppulente, Palais Royale, Monte Carlo II, Portrait Vue and Sedgewicke collections.
We invite you to visit the furniture shops that carry the world-class AICO Furniture. Everyone can choose from a variety of AICO Furniture from Sofa, Living room, dining room, tables, office furniture, bars,bedroom and home entertainment.